Here are all the resources needed for the Texas Steer Validation Program. Please check back for the updated information.
Correspondence and Guidelines
UPDATED 2016 FORMS
- 2016-2017 Steer Validation Guidelines (pdf)
- 2016-2017 Tag Order Letter (pdf)
- Tag Order Form 2016 (pdf)
- 2016 Late Tag Order Form (pdf)
- 2016-2017 Steer Validation Committee Form (pdf)
- Change of County Steers (pdf)
- 2016-2017 Ethics Policy (pdf)
- Market Steer Upload Directions (pdf)
- April 20, 2016 Early tag orders are due. $10.00 per tag.
- June 22, 2016 Late tag orders are due. $20.00 per tag.
- June 1, 2016 Steer validation begins.
- June 30, 2016 Steers to be eligible at the 2015 fall shows and 2016 spring shows must be validated.
- July 7, 2016 Physical validation paperwork, including DNA hair envelopes and nose prints, must be postmarked and sent to Texas 4-H Headquarters.
Guideline Attachments for 2015
- Procedures for DNA Assay Hair Collection (pdf)
- Procedures for a Better Tattoo (pdf)
- Steer Change of Ownership Form (pdf)
- Steer Parental Waiver (pdf)
- Steer Validation Committee Form (pdf)
- Ear Tag Replacement Form (pdf)