The Texas Major Livestock Shows are participating in a program supported by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Texas Education Agency, Department of Agricultural Education, whereby all 4-H and FFA heifers exhibited at their shows will be required to be validated through the Texas 4-H and FFA Breeding Heifer Validation Program. Heifer projects will be identified appropriately with an official Texas Heifer Validation Unique Identification Number (UIN) barcode. The validation program will utilize the website www.texaslivestockvalidation.com to house and process validation information. Every year there will be two validations for Major Livestock Shows. One will be held in the Spring for the Fall Major Livestock shows and another will be held in the Fall for Spring Major Livestock shows.
The next validation is going to be open September 15th with the deadline of November 8th, 2016.
- September 1-15, 2016 Texas Heifer Validation UIN Order Period. Validation Chair Orders UIN. No Upfront Cost. Validation Chair Contacts County/Chapter(s) to Estimate Number of Heifers in Entire County to be Validated and Submits to www.texaslivestockvalidation.com
- October 1 – November 1, 2016 Physical Validation Timeline
- November 1, 2016 Deadline Original Registration Papers Must be in Exhibitors Name
- November 8, 2016 All Validation Paperwork and Materials Must be Postmarked
- November 8, 2016 All Original Registration Papers Must be Uploaded to www.texaslivestockvalidation.com
- December 20, 2016 Projected deadline for all validation information to be reviewed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.
- January 9, 2017 Projected deadline for Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service to notify all exhibitors with ineligible heifers and major livestock show officials for spring shows.