San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. Livestock Office Receptionist
The San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. (SALE) is a volunteer organization emphasizing agriculture and education to develop the youth of Texas. SALE conducts the annual San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo and will be celebrating its 67th anniversary in February of 2016. The Stock Show & Rodeo has grown to be one of the largest and most prestigious single events in San Antonio with over 1.5 million visitors entering the grounds each year. In addition to the Stock Show & Rodeo, SALE conducts several fundraising events during the year to further its mission. To date, the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo educational commitment exceeds $160 million with over $12.2 million committed in 2015 in the form of scholarships, grants, endowments, auction, calf scramble program and show premiums paid to youth. SALE has a rich tradition and history of stewardship to the community, agriculture industry and youth of Texas. With a clear vision of the future, a successful past and continual dedication from over 6,000 volunteers, SALE will continue to provide wholesome family entertainment and be a pillar of strength and support to the youth of Texas.
Seasonal Employment Opportunity:
The San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo has a Livestock Office Receptionist position available within the Livestock Department. The candidate will work closely with volunteers and staff in organizing and carrying out the daily office tasks. Duties will include but are not limited to the following: responding to exhibitors’ inquiries, marketing and communications, show entry management, posting of show results, daily office duties, accounting, and data entry. Positions are full-time and extended work hours may be required.
- Work under the direction of the Livestock Director and Livestock Coordinator.
- Encourage and work cooperatively and communicate effectively with over 6,000 volunteers, staff, representatives of specific interest groups, and outside service groups.
- Answer telephone, and direct calls.
- Provide information to exhibitors, supervisors, and patrons.
- Greet persons entering organization.
- Direct persons to correct destination.
- Support the mission of the organization and help maintain the core values of the organization: caring, excellence, and integrity.
- Work with the Livestock Coordinator on Calf Scramble responsibilities.
- Correspond with County Extension Agents and Ag Science Teachers before the show.
- Assist in the entry verification process for the junior and open livestock entries.
- Assist in working with volunteers in securing all needed materials for meetings, shows, or other activities.
- Work with staff to make daily deposits.
For more information click 2016 Job Description- Seasonal.