The Texas Major Livestock Shows are participating in a program supported by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Texas Education Agency, Department of Agricultural Education, whereby all 4-H and FFA heifers exhibited at their shows will be required to be validated through the Texas 4-H and FFA Breeding Heifer Validation Program. Heifer projects will be identified appropriately with an official Texas Heifer Validation Unique Identification Number (UIN) barcode. The validation program will utilize the website www.texaslivestockvalidation.com to house and process validation information. Every year there will be two validations for Major Livestock Shows. One will be held in the Spring for the Fall Major Livestock shows and another will be held in the Fall for Spring Major Livestock shows.
Updated 2020 Forms:
- 2020 June Heifer Validation Guidelines
- 2020 October Heifer Validation Guidelines
- 2020-2021 Ethics Policy
- 2020-2021 Translated Ethics Policy
- Parent Waiver Translated
- Rule 3 Approval Form 2020
- Online UIN Ordering Instructions
- Heifer Validation Website Instructions
- 2020 Registration Paper Uploading Tips
How to upload registration papers to texasheifervalidation.com:
October Validation Important Dates:
- September 1-20, 2020 texaslivestockvalidation.com is open for Validation UIN Orders (no upfront cost)
- September 15, 2020 texaslivestockvalidation.com is open to ASTs/CEAs ONLY for registration paper upload. Instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDb3h8MaDBM
- Oct. 1-Nov. 1, 2020 Heifers to be eligible for the 2020 Fall shows must be physically validated. Once validated, a heifer remains eligible unless breed or ownership is changed.
- November 1, 2020 Deadline: original registration papers must be in exhibitor’s name
- November 8, 2020 Deadline to upload registration papers and enter heifer validation information to www.texaslivestockvalidation.com
- November 8, 2020 Physical validation paperwork, including DNA hair envelopes, must be postmarked and sent to Texas 4‐H Headquarters (note address change:).
- November 17, 2020 texaslivestockvalidation.com generates one invoice to Validation Chair for entire county. Do not send payment without invoice.
- December 21, 2020 Projected deadline for all validation information to be reviewed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- January 8, 2020 Projected deadline for Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service to notify all exhibitors with ineligible heifers and major livestock show officials for fall shows.