The Texas Major Livestock Shows are participating in a program supported by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and the Texas Education Agency, Department of Agricultural Education, whereby all 4-H and FFA heifers exhibited at their shows will be required to be validated through the Texas 4-H and FFA Breeding Heifer Validation Program. Heifer projects will be identified appropriately with an official Texas Heifer Validation Unique Identification Number (UIN) barcode. The validation program will utilize the website www.texaslivestockvalidation.com to house and process validation information. Every year there will be two validations for Major Livestock Shows. One will be held in the Spring for the Fall Major Livestock shows and another will be held in the Fall for Spring Major Livestock shows.
Updated 2020 Forms:
- 2020 June Heifer Validation Guidelines
- Translated Ethics Policy 2020
- Parent Waiver Translated
- Online UIN Ordering Instructions
- Heifer Validation Website Instructions
How to upload registration papers to texasheifervalidation.com:
June Validation Important Dates:
- April 1-May1, 2020 texaslivestockvalidation.com is open for Validation UIN Orders (no upfront cost)
- May 15, 2020 texaslivestockvalidation.com is open to ASTs/CEAs ONLY for registration paper upload. Instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDb3h8MaDBM
- June 1-30, 2020 Heifers to be eligible for the 2020 Fall shows must be physically validated. Once validated, a heifer remains eligible unless breed or ownership is changed.
- June 30, 2020 Deadline: original registration papers must be in exhibitor’s name
- July 8, 2020 Deadline to upload registration papers and enter heifer validation information to www.texaslivestockvalidation.com
- July 8, 2020 Physical validation paperwork, including DNA hair envelopes, must be postmarked and sent to Texas 4‐H Headquarters (note address change:).
- July 14, 2020 texaslivestockvalidation.com generates one invoice to Validation Chair for entire county. Do not send payment without invoice.
- August 21, 2020 Projected deadline for all validation information to be reviewed by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- September 16, 2020 Projected deadline for Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service to notify all exhibitors with ineligible heifers and major livestock show officials for fall shows.
- Heifer Parental Waiver
- Change of County Heifers
- 2019 Heifer Show Guide
2020 Show Guide COMING SOON!