Here are all the resources needed for the Texas Steer Validation Program. Please check back for the updated information.
UPDATED 2017 FORMS:
- 2017 Steer Validation Guidelines (pdf)
- Online Tag Order Instructions
- 2017-2018 Steer Validation Committee Form (pdf)
- Change of County Steers (pdf)
- 2017-2018 Ethics Policy (pdf)
- Market Steer Upload Directions (pdf)
- 2015 Texas Show Steer Classification
Texas Steer Validation Upload Instructions:
- April 1- 20, 2017 http://www.texaslivestockvalidation.com is open for the County Validation Chairman to submit early tag orders. $15.00 validation fee. ONLY one order per county.
- June 23, 2017 Late tag orders are due. $25.00 validation fee.
- June 1-30, 2017 Steers to be eligible at the 2017 fall shows and 2018 spring shows must be physically validated.
- June 1-July 7, 2017 **texaslivestockvalidation.com is open to ASTs/CEAs to enter validation information. Resources for data entry will be available at http://www.texasyouthlivestock.com **
- July 7, 2017 Physical validation paperwork, including DNA hair envelopes and nose prints, must be postmarked and sent to Texas 4-H Headquarters (note address change).
Guideline Attachments for 2017:
- Procedures for DNA Assay Hair Collection (pdf)
- Procedures for a Better Tattoo (pdf)
- Steer Change of Ownership (pdf)
- Steer Parental Waiver(pdf)
- Ear Tag Replacement Form (pdf)