UPDATED 2017 FORMS:
- 2017 Steer Validation Guidelines (pdf)
- Online Tag Order Instructions
- 2017-2018 Steer Validation Committee Form (pdf)
- Change of County Steers (pdf)
- 2017-2018 Ethics Policy
- Market Steer Upload Directions (pdf)
- Steer Validation Color Spreadsheet
- 2018 Steer Classification Guide
Texas Steer Validation Upload Instructions:
- April 1- 20, 2018 http://www.texaslivestockvalidation.com is open for the County Validation Chairman to submit early tag orders. $15.00 validation fee. ONLY one order per county. Please do not mail payment until you receive an invoice. http://www.texasyouthlivestock.com **
- June 23, 2018 Late tag orders are due. $25.00 validation fee.
- June 1-July 7, 2018 **texaslivestockvalidation.com is open to ASTs/CEAs ONLY to enter
validation information. Resources for data entry will be available at
- June 1-30, 2018 Steers to be eligible at the 2018 fall shows and 2019 spring shows must be physically validated.
- July 7, 2018 Physical validation paperwork, including DNA hair envelopes and noseprints, must be postmarked and sent to Texas 4-H Headquarters.
Guideline Attachments for 2017:
- Procedures for DNA Assay Hair Collection (pdf)
- Procedures for a Better Tattoo (pdf)
- Steer Change of Ownership (pdf)
- Steer Parental Waiver(pdf)
- Ear Tag Replacement Form (pdf)